We show you the correct way to install a bifold door.
1. Your quality bi-fold is manufactured to suit standard opening size of 2060mm in height and 820mm, 770mm and 720mm minimum width.
Allowance has already been made for track and hinge clearances. In four door installations, leave a gap of 3mm between doors.
IMPORTANT. The diagram below shows the opening height required from floor level to the underside of the head. (Figure 1)
2. Locate the spring pivots in the top of both doors and a bottom pivot in the door nearest the jamb.
Several light taps with hammer directly on top of pins should seat them properly. (Figure 2)
3. Ensure track is the correct length for the opening. In four door applications, the two pieces of track must be cut to equal lengths and meet to form one continuous length.
Screw track to head (making sure head is level) with the centre line above the intended centre of the door when closed.
Track should be firmly against jamb at pivot end towards which the doors open. (Figure 3)
4. Position the jamb bracket so that the centre line of the pivot hole is plumb with the centre line of the pivot socket. Screw bracket to both floor and jamb. (Figure 4)
5. To install a hinged pair of doors fold doors together and engage top pivot in the top socket and the top guide in the track.
Lower the doors and locate the bottom pivot in the bottom jamb bracket. (Figure 5)
6. Vertical Adjustment
To minimise gap above the doors, lift the doors to relieve pressure and turn the adjusting nut on the bottom pivot clockwise to raise doors, anticlockwise to lower the doors. (Figure 6)
7. Horizontal Adjustment Using the spanner provided, loosen the adjusting screw on bottom jamb bracket, slide pivot socket in the required direction and tighten screw.
Repeat this operation on the top pivot socket. (Figure 7)
8. Position the door stop (already fitted in track) so that a slight pressure is exerted on the top guide when the doors are closed.
9. The door knob should be placed in the centre of the guide door, 880mm for the bottom of flush doors. For all other doors at the centre of the mid rail. (Figure 8)
10. Four door application only Attach both aligners to the back of the guide door approximately 300mm from the bottom of the door. (Figure 9)
11. Fit 16mm x 12mm trim against track and down both jambs as top view shown below. (Figure 10)