*We recommend 2 people to install the Pivot door system as it is too heavy for one person alone to lift.
1. Your Hume Pivot Frame comes complete with a high quality concealed heavy duty hydraulic self closing mechanism and perimeter weather seals.
2. Ensure the opening is correctly prepared, allow 5 to 10 mm clearance both horizontally and vertically. This will allow you to plumb, level and square the frame.
3. Once the opening has been prepared correctly, you can now lift the pivot frame into the opening. The keeper plate should be to the inside of the house.
The transportation blocks and spacers must be left on the frame at this stage. These blocks hold the door firmly in the correct position for installation.
Your HUME PIVOT FRAME has been manufactured with all the correct clearances and dimensions however these clearances can alter during transport or during the installation process.
NOTE: IF DOOR SUPPLIED LOOSE REFIT INTO FRAME IN THE CLOSED POSITION
4. Before fixing the frame into the opening, it is very important that the frame is plumb, level, square and without twist.
Use wedges or packers between the frame and wall structure to ensure all these important elements are correct.
5. Now that the frame is plumb, level, square and without twist, it can be nailed or screwed into position in the opening.
You can help eliminate the possibility of the frame warping when fixing, by keeping the nails or screws close to the wedges or packers where possible.
6. Once the frame has been fixed into the opening, re-check for plumb, level, square and twist.
The transportation blocks can now be removed, At this stage, providing the installation instructions have been followed correctly, the pivot door will swing freely and have all the correct clearances.
If not go back and check previous steps.
7. The door can also be squared to the frame via the top of door pivot adjusting screw, if required (See diagram).
Open the door to allow access to the locking screw and the adjusting screw, using a 4mm Allen key, Loosen the locking screw.
NOTE: On 160mm frame the door will have to be removed to allow access to the locking screw.
Then using a small flat screwdriver adjust clockwise or anticlockwise to raise or lower the door on the closing side of door.
8. Your frame is supplied with 2 loose stops (except Victoria), incorporating weather seal.
For inward opening door: Fix one stop to closing jamb exterior side of door and the other to the pivot jamb interior side of door, ensuring seals are flush with the door.
For outward opening door: Reverse the location of stops
9. Door closing speed and latching speed are factory set, however these settings can be adjusted, by using the closing speed regulating screw and the latching speed regulating screw.