Quick and Easy - From start to finish
1. Measure your opening for width and height as shown (Figure 1). Measure in 3 places for width to ensure even spacing.
Measure on left and right of frame for height. Use these measurements to purchase your new Hume door.
2. Transfer your door opening measurements taken in step 1 to your new Hume door. Your door may require trimming to fit the opening.
A maximum of 3mm may be trimmed from any edge. Figure 2 shows a power planer used to trim door.
3. Place your door in the opening and then use 2 wedges to wedge the door in place (Figure 3).
You may require help to move the door if it is too heavy.
4. Purchase your preferred choice of hinges. Internal doors (non solid) require 2 hinges, while 3 or 4 hinges are needed for solid entrance doors depending on their size. With the door wedged in position measure the location for your hinges from Jamb and transfer onto door (Figure 4)
5. Be sure to allow clearance for your door of 3mm at the top and each side, The bottom margin will vary depending on floor coverings (Figure 5).
More trimming may be required if the door doesn’t fit correctly
6. Place door securely on its side and transfer all measurements marked for hinges onto side of door.
Using the hinge as a template trace around the hinge (Figure 6).
7. Chisel out for hinges (Figure 7)
8. Seal your door, top and bottom before installation (Figure 8). This will protect your door from moisture.
9. Stand your door in the frame to check hinge locations are correct. Using wedges adjust the door to locate the correct hinge position and screw into place.
10. Your door should swing freely, if any final adjustment is required, remove door and complete adjustments.
11. Your door is ready to have the door furniture installed and be painted. Fit door furniture as per manufacturer instructions. Paint door in accordance to Hume Doors warranty.